8.5.07

Before sunrise.... Before sunset..

I recently watched two movies that have somehow changed my life in many ways.... its made me feel.....unfeel...i don't know...

I watched "Before sunrise" without any apprehensions.. I just felt it was a good movie (having read some reviews about it...and having heard about its sequel...) and went on to watch it.... It was a magical experience. It reawakened many emotions that I thought never existed or had been forgotten...it brought out the beautiful things that need to experienced in this world...

The movie is about a man and a woman... two strangers who meet and at the end of the day, fall in love... only to separate from each other. Cinematically, its one of the cleanest, simplest and most powerful performances i've ever seen..and being a minimalist myself, this couldn't have been better- the dialogues are natural.... the flow natural...the content of conversation magical and engrossing... I thought I had found another movie to add in my pantheon..little did I know that the sequel would do something profound...

"Before Sunset" takes off from where the lovers left last... only, time has flown and changes have occured...the magic continues from where it left in its predecessor... only, this time its taken to wholly different level. Its magic that leaves you crying, smiling...hanging on to each and every word or expression that passes on between the protagonists...it makes you absorb like a sponge..its a reality show with a hidden camera..only, there's no need for it to be hidden..its a cinematic achievement other than what it did to me personally... Both the actors, Ethan Hawke and Julie Delpy couldn't have done the roles if they didn't love each other really... (or if they didn't, they are truly great actors.... apparently, they remain friends until this day)....

For me... the sequel holds significance that I cannot attempt to express... its just beautiful and intimate and its a must watch for the true romantic....

I recommend these movies for a special occasion....if any with the person you love...

I was a romantic...
now
i live in a void................

No comments: